Fantasy cricket leagues have become an inseparable part of the daily life of cricket fans. Those who’ve played the game, are aware that picking up a fantasy team is similar to picking a playing XI for a real team. Based on the pitch conditions, player’s availability, opposition team, and past performances you’ll have to make a rational decision of team selection.
What kind of team will make you win? Should you select more all-rounders than specialists? Or should you stick to your personal favourites? Players are human beings. Hence, while selecting them on any fantasy cricket site, remember to judge the potentials rationally rather than being outright emotional!
If you ask any professional fantasy cricket league players about the attributes that you should consider before picking the players, you’ll get a very common answer – get the player who fits into the match!
That’s the trick of the trade. If Kohli was good in the last match, doesn’t mean he’ll excel in the current one as well. Check the weather conditions. If it’s raining on the field, then choosing only all-rounders, will probably drive you towards a lost match. Rather in such situations built up your fantasy cricket league with few top-order batsmen and definitely some good wicket-takers. Playing safe on both sides is what matters.
Don’t make obvious choices. Research and try to check the consistency of the players before taking any decision. Let’s dive right away into the tips and strategies you should consider before creating a successful fantasy cricket team.
Tips and tricks
Make changes to your final 11 after the toss is decided in the real game. This will help in getting an idea of the batting and fielding options thus opted by the captains of the team.
- When you make your fantasy cricket team don’t forget to pick bowlers who will bowl in power-plays and the dead-overs. They’ll get more wickets and you’ll get more points.
- Right pair for the right match – in fantasy cricket sites, you have got the option of selecting players from both teams. So, make a deadly combo. Your only focus is to get more points.
- When you’re choosing the captain and the vice-captain for your team, remember to pick the most consistent player. Even if he doesn’t score a century, he is sure to get a decent score to help you get a winning position.
- Now go for the wicket-keepers who are all-rounders. They’ll get you wicket in the mid overs, runs in the first overs. Hence McCullum and Dhoni have always been two favorite choices in fantasy cricket leagues.
- Pick two or three in-form top-order batsmen so that you start getting some good points in your bucket from the very beginning of the match.
Finally, it is advisable to go through the match strategies in your mind, before making any selection. Remember, it’s a mind game and not a matter of luck. So, if you’ve researched well and selected the players based on their competencies, then win would be yours!
1. 5 Surprising Countries That Will Participate in Future Cricket Leagues
2. 5 Mind-Blowing Signature Shots of Famous Cricketers
3. Fantasy Cricket – Top 10 Whitewashes in Cricket History