Cricket and daily fantasy cricket has a way of surprising everyone and over the years there have been cases when things are just too much of a coincidence.
Here is a look back at the quirkiest of the cricket coincidences for the fantasy cricket lovers of 11wickets.com. Have a look:.
The curious case of first ODI double ton and first World Cup 200
Sachin Tendulkar scored 200* on 24 February 2010. During the 2015 World Cup, Chris Gayle hit 215 on the same day. It was exactly 5 years gap.
The margin of 153 runs ODI victory by 3 Indian batsmen
Sachin Tendulkar (200*), Rohit Sharma (264) and Virender Sehwag (219) set world records and India won every match by 153 runs.
Virat Kohli and Sachin Tendulkar both had 22 ODI hundreds at the age of 26
Kohli was quicker in scoring the hundred runs with 143 innings while Tendulkar had taken 206 innings to scored these 22 OD hundreds.
Similarities between Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman
- Both made their debut in 1996.
- Dravid & Laxman, both involved in 300 run partnerships against Australia twice.
- Both played international cricket for 16 years.
- Dravid & Laxman, both involved in highest run partnership for 5th wicket for India in Tests.
- Both scored their last Test century at Kolkata in the same match against West Indies.
- Dravid & Laxman, both helped India in winning the historical Kolkata Test.
- Both took their first Test wicket in the same match against West Indies.
- Dravid & Laxman, both played their last Test series against Australia.
- Both players’ last overseas Test series is in Australia.
The curious case of Alec Stewart
Alec Stewart, the former English cricketer and former captain of the England cricket team, was born on April 8, 1963 (8-4-63). It is the exact tally of runs he finished his Test career with, 8463!
Enormous coincidence of MS Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s first Test and ODI hundred both came in his 5th match. Both the scores were of 148 and both were scored against Pakistan. Cool coincidence indeed for Captain Cool!
The tale of 111 runs
South Africa needed 111 runs to win at exactly 11:11 on the 11th day of the 11th month in 2011. The scoreboard read 11:11 11/11/11. It’s the cricket’s biggest maths ever. Damn coincidence.
Thanks for reading! Play fantasy sports and enjoy!