Kabaddi has changed since the advent of India fantasy kabaddi league. A sport which was once played in the mud had little glamour associated with it. The television broadcast was negligible and media coverage limited.
With the kabaddi fantasy league, the setting of the sport was shifted to a highly equipped indoor sports stadium. Not only the stadiums, but a synthetic mat with group of TV cameras capturing the sport from every angle also joined the scenario.
With the growing popularity of the league, kabaddi has become more than just a means to get a job for the players. Their incomes have soared, their popularity is at an all-time high. Online kabaddi games of 11wickets.com have changed the way the sport was looked at.
There are different types of officials present in the kabaddi games. Let’s know about them in detail. Six officials nominated to conduct a Kabaddi Match. Among them, two are umpires, one is a scorer, one is an assistant scorer and one is a referee.
Duties of the Referee:
The Referee has to:
- Take the toss
- Announce the score of each side before the last 5 minutes declared
- Supervise in general, the conduct of the whole match
- Record the time including start and end time of the game
- Announce the substitutions & replacement of players
- Announce the time of each minute of the last 5 minutes of the Second half
Duties of the Umpire:
- The umpires shall conduct the match and give decisions according to the rules of play and matches till the game has ended.
Duties of the Scorer:
A scorer has to:
- Fill the score sheet & announce the score with the permission of the referee at the end of each half and the final result at the end of the match
- Make a note of the team winning the toss at the start of the game
- All the points scored by all the players of the team records in running score on their respective side on the score sheet diagonally
- Points scored for ALL-OUT scratched horizontally
- Bonus point shows in the score sheet by triangle
- The team scoring the first leading point shows in the running score by square
- Technical point awarded by the referee or umpire encircled in the running score.
- Time out by the teams indicated by against the team concerned
- Keep a note of the timing in the score sheet at the beginning & at the end of each half, time out taken by the teams & officials and record the substitutions made
- Complete the score sheet in all respects and get it duly sign by the umpires and referee
- Super Tackle Point shows in the score sheet by Cross mark
Duties of the Assistant Scorers
An assistant scorer has to:
- The Assistant Scorer will maintain the record of the players who are out, in the order of their being put out & revived, of the team to which he is assigned
- He will also ensure that the players who are put out are seated in the order of their being put out in the sitting block
- The assistant scorer will point out to the Referee or the Umpires if any player goes out of bounds
- The Assistant scorer will record the bonus points and technical points scored by the opposite team in order to get the total number of points lost by the team to which he is assigned and also to tally with the main score sheet.
Thanks for reading! Play fantasy sports and enjoy!