India is the most successful team in the history of Asia Cup with six cups under their sleeves. Over the years, India’s supremacy has challenged by Pakistan more than any other team. The same is expected when the two teams take to the field on this Asia Cup 2018. Playing daily fantasy cricket matches with both these teams is a thrilling experience for all the cricket lovers and fans.
Get your fantasy cricket team ready for the matches between India and Pakistan and get to know some of the interesting facts linked with both these teams during the Asia Cup.
- India had won the first edition of Asia Cup in 1984 based on points after a round-robin league. There was no final match in this edition of the tournament
- India and Pakistan have played 11 times in Asia Cup with both the teams winning on five occasions, while the match in the 1997 edition of Asia Cup was abandoned due to rain.
3. India and Pakistan have never met in the final of an Asia Cup
4. In 12 editions so far, India have been in the final 8 times – winning the trophy of Asia Cup on five occasions. Fascinatingly, all these finals have been against Sri Lanka.
5. Pakistan has reached to the final four times, winning it in the years 2000 and 2012, in which they have beaten Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, respectively.
6. Pakistan decided not to play in the 1991 edition hosted by India.
7. The 1993 edition scheduled for hosting by Pakistan cancelled because of the strained Indo-Pak relations.
Enjoy reading and get ready with your fantasy cricket team!