Are you a super fan of cricket? Do you play online fantasy cricket games? Here are some amazing and interesting cricket facts that you must know whether you are a cricket fan or play fantasy cricket. Some facts are so amazing that you will be astonished like hell after reading them. And some will force you to think a hundred times that could it be possible.
10 interesting facts about Indian Cricket here:
- Gundappa Vishwanath, Mohammed Azharuddin and Sourav Ganguly, Sehwag, Shikhar Dhawan are the 5 Indian Cricketers to score a century in their debut match.
- The Indian Cricket team is the one and only team who hold the record of getting dismissed twice in a single day in a test match.
- After claiming Sachin’s wicket, Brad Hogg asked him to sign a photograph of the dismissal. Sachin signed and wrote ‘it will never happen again’. And it never did.
- Bhausaheb Nimbalkar could not break the world record of 452 runs scored by Bradman because he had to go for his marriage. Actually, he had made 432 runs before the final day and he had to go for his marriage on the last day. So, he could not break the record.
- M.S. Dhoni holds the world record of 6 dismissals by a wicketkeeper in a single match. He made this record in 2007 against England.
- Sachin Tendulkar played for Pakistan before India. It was an exhibition match between the two countries in 1987 and he came in as a substitute fielder for Pakistan.
- The highest scores by Virender Sehwag are 119, 219 and 319 in T20, ODI and test matches respectively.
- Lala Amarnath is the only bowler in the world to dismiss the great Sir Don Bradman hit-wicket in Test cricket.
- Bhagwat Chandrasekhar is the only cricketer in Indian History who has record of taking more wickets than making runs in his career. He took 242 wickets and made only 177 runs in his test career.
- M.S. Dhoni has not scored any century outside Asia in his career.
Take a look at another seven:
- In 2011, India became the first team to win the World Cup as hosts of the final match.
- Sourav Ganguly is the only player to win four consecutive Man-of-the-Match awards in ODIs.
- Mohammad Azharuddin is the only batsman to score three centuries in the first three test matches.
- Shahid Afridi used the bat of Sachin Tendulkar to hit the fastest ODI century of his career.
- Ravi Shastri is the only Indian Cricketer to have batted on all five days of a test match.
- Prabir Sen is the only Indian wicket-keeper in the history to stump out Sir Donald Bradman of Australia.
- Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi, grandfather of Saif Ali Khan, was the only Indian Cricketer to have played for two countries. He played for both India and England.
Enjoy reading and playing fantasy cricket matches!