When it comes to cricket fans forming their fantasy cricket leagues and choosing their players, the name Chris Gayle comes out on the top. Cricket is by all means, the most popular sport in India and it is truly followed like a religion in this nation.
Fantasy cricket, in the present scenario, captures a major portion of user engagement. Cricket fans pick their fantasy cricket league to earn points based on their real performance and earn cash prizes. Jamaican cricketer who plays international cricket for the West Indies, Chris Gayle is one of the favourite choices of cricket fans to include him in their team due to his almost consistent performance in real cricket field.
Explore a bit about him before you decide to take him in your fantasy premier league:
- Chris Gayle is among the few West Indian players to have made more than 6000 runs in Test cricket.
- Gayle holds the record for most number of centuries for a West Indian in ODIs.
- He turned out to be the first West Indian to make more than 7000 runs. And take more than 150 wickets in ODIs.
- Gayle also became the first player to hit triple century against South Africa.
- While Sachin Tendulkar is the king when it comes to scoring tons in Tests and ODIs, in T20s it’s the Chris Gayle show. The dashing left-hander has hit seven centuries in this format–two of these are international hundreds.
- He is amongst the four elite Batsman in the world who have hit two Triple centuries in Test cricket with Donald Bradman, Virender Sehwag and Brian Lara.
- Gayle is the one of the three batsman to make three 150+ plus runs in ODI’s with Brian Lara and Vivian Richards being other two.
- He has the unique distinction of scoring a 100 in all three formats of the game.
- Gayle is the first player to have hit a century on T20 WC debut.
- He finished IPL 4 as the tournament’s leading run-maker, with 608 runs, and hence bagged the “Orange Cap”.
- Before Fame-He played with Kingston’s renowned Lucas Cricket Club, which he said saved him from a life on the streets.
- He is laughing, charming and always doing some crazy things on the field that Tony Cozier once called him “the Laughing Cavalier”.
- He is the first Batsman to make a hundred in T20 format against South Africa in 2007 world cup game (117) and also first to hit centuries in all three formats of the game.
Note his records
In 2018 Chris Gayle is playing for IPL team Kings XI Punjab. But he made some amazing records when playing for IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Fastest Fifty in IPL
- Longest Six in this IPL
- Fastest Hundred in T20
- First to hit 150 Sixes in IPL
- Most Sixes in one Innings in a T20
- Fastest Team Hundred
- Highest Total In T20 Cricket (263)
- Highest Individual Make in T20
Enjoy reading and playing!